Monday, March 17, 2008

Hasta Luego a los Estados

Yes, It's that time. Sitting in the wonderful Orlando Int'l Airport awaiting my flight (which has already been delayed). My journey has began with a loooong day ahead. Here's a little idea of my next 2 days...

Leave Orlando appx 10:15a to Miami
2 hour layover in Miami
Arrive in San Pedro Sula, Honduras at 1:15p (3:15p Eastern time)
Taxi to bus terminal - 3 hour bus trip to La Ceiba
Stay night in $5 hostel
Wake up, wander and catch ferry to the beautiful island of Roatan where I will spend the next 2.5 months.

I must say I'm stoked for the adventure ahead but slightly exhausted thinking about it. Ha.

As for thoughts and time in FL...nothing short of an emotional roller coaster. lol. For those who know me well I've never been one of much emotion aside from a big cheesy smile on my face 24/7, but I must say NYC sure did change that one for me - which in all honesty is probably a good thing. It was amazing to see some of my dearest in FL, catch up with some others and have random run ins with people I haven't seen in YEARS!

For the first time in my life I had 2 weeks to just sit back and look at life (hence the emotional roller coaster). I am so grateful for the opportunities I have had at such a young age - I feel like I've experienced so much and grown tremendously. The hardest thing I've come to find lately is that final hug before you walk out the door again. As excited as I am to continue my journey figuring out life and my place in it, it's always hard to leave the ones you love so dearly - the ones who encourage you and love on you. It's like there's that fear instilled that once again I'm alone again, back at stage one - a feeling I know too well. but then I sit back and look at what the last year of "loneliness" brought - lifelong friends, growth and an even better understanding of my lifelong partner, God. 

I've come to know my purpose in life is not a career or where I live or where I go - but how I serve and love. (I've been reading a book called "Irresistible Revolution" which I strongly encourage all to read - Christian or not.) I'm starting to truly understand God and where I stand in my faith. I know my purpose is to love and to care. To show beauty to the broken. To bring light into darkness. Not to convert, but to give hope and break the negative viewpoint of Christianity and just get back to basis - LOVE - a word that goes far beyond the romantic relationship - a word the world needs more of. 

Thanks again to those who love. And to those who are broken - you are loved. And know there is hope in the midst of struggle. 

It's off to tropical paradise now - I'll write again soon. Love and blessings to all!

Hasta Luego...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! That was very profound :) Thanks for that :)